Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back In Action Chiropractic

When I really turn up the intensity and volume of my training, it is more crucial than ever to stay proactive with muscle therapy to remain healthy and operating at 110%.  I have worked with a chiropractor, Dr. Tony Coats, for the past 3 years on mobility, muscle therapy, rehabilitative practices, and everything else that promotes recovery and healing.

 We have really dialed what I need to do to stay healthy.  He knows what it means to be an athlete as he played in the NFL on the offensive line for a few years after playing at University of Washington.  Talk about your body taking some abuse.  Now he does Crossfit at our gym and has experience what it means to push the intensity while living a healthy lifestyle.  This in conjunction with working with me, where I have to constantly be taking care of my body, has allowed him to be very familiar with Crossfit and recovery practices.  This has helped me compete at the highest level of Crossfit for the past 3 years.  Staying healthy requires being proactive, so I go to him once a week when I'm healthy.  I don't think there is a better Doctor that knows how to deal with athletes than him, and I would recommend him to any athlete.

No comments:

Post a Comment