Friday, December 24, 2010

Testing Day

I did a triple day yesterday testing some areas.  I have felt really good the last few weeks and then this week caught up with me.  A lot of volume has caused some aches and pains going into this triple day, so didn't feel great going into it.  But I guess it's like the last day of any competition, you are going to be sore and not feeling great but have to find a way to push through.  Not completely happy with my numbers but all in all I felt pretty good throughout the day.

Wod #1:
run 1 mile for time
t= 5:25
felt pretty good doing this on track, maybe a little more in me right now and I would like to get that a little faster through the next year.

Wod #2
3 rounds for time of:
12 Squat Cleans 155lb
12 HSPU
20 Box Jumps 24"


OPT triple day wod #2 from Joseph Warren on Vimeo.

This killed my hammies and didn't feel much pop in the legs.  The funny thing was that all the leg burn took out my HSPU, those never felt so hard.

Wod #3:

"jackie"

t=5:50


OPT triple day wod #3 "Jackie" from Joseph Warren on Vimeo.

First time ever doing this and I definitely had more in me, felt too easy at the end.  Need to make up time on rower and maybe a little quicker on thrusters.  I just didn't want to lose time by breaking.  Now I know to push harder on rower.

These testing day always are a good learning experience.  I will take a lot with me from this one.  Now off to relax, ice a little, and eat some good food over Christmas weekend.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment