Saturday, June 18, 2011

Staying Fit!

After a couple weeks off of working out, eating a lot of Mexican food, and drinking plenty of beers, I'm ready to eat bees.  I have gained close to 10lb and can't stand how I feel.  It's time to get back into the swing of things. 

 I have thought a lot about what type of program I want to follow and need to ease back into it with things that are enjoyable for a while to keep me motivated for the long run.  After the competition all I wanted to do is some strength training since that is always my limiting factor.  I can't stand it and I want to just hammer home the strength.  I also made a million excuses about why that overhead squat killed me.  Seeing other scores in that workout from around the world made me realize something.  I would have been top ten in a lot of regions in that workout and I even would have been 1st in the South Central.  Thats tells me this workout killed everyone and even though I didn't feel my best in it, it is still a pretty darn good score.  I can only imagine what my score could have been had I felt good, which kills me to think about. 

 I realized that my fitness is great, and I need to accept that the people in my region just beat me that particular weekend.  I have to keep getting fitter and the strength will slowly come as it has been the last 2 years.  I can't just focus on strength, get fat and lose my fitness.  My fitness is my strong suit, and the strength takes time. So it's time to jump back into a program and continue with this lifelong growth.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joey,
    Greetings from Wagga Wagga Australia mate! Love the blog..lots of good info for me as I'm a similar height and weight and your PB's give me something way out there to aim for.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete