Monday, January 31, 2011

Snaaaaaaatch

Felt great today during snatches.  It has been a while since I did a heavy snatch so I was happy with this.  The workout was:

A. Back Squat with bands - 135# plus bands as before; 12 sets of 2 @ 20X1; rest 45 sec
B. Hang Squat Snatch - quickly build to a tough single
C. 1-5 hang squat snatch unbroken ladder in 10 min - 135#


The back squats felt very fast.  I got more depth and had more stability coming out of the hole than previously.  These are coming around so we will see how they carry over to heavier loads when I work up to some weight at the end of this week.

I worked up to 185lb on the hang snatch, which is a PR!  This felt solid.  Here is the video:


Part C, I did 1 squat snatch, 2 unbroken squat snatches, 3 unbroken, 4 unbroken, 5 unbroken, then repeated for as many rounds as possible in 10 min.  This got very tough as I did more rounds than anticipated.  I didn't know what to expect on this wod, so I just jumped in and finished strong.  Here is the video:

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the snatch PR Joey! I just watched the video about 8 times trying to study your form. The snatch is by far my worst lift. Inspiring video!

    ReplyDelete