Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week in Review


I just saw on the Crossfit Games site that I have to compete in the Open Sectionals starting March 15. It's a 6 week long process. This got me pumped as it gave me a little extra push in my workouts this week.

It felt like a light week, probably because I took 2 full days off in the middle of it. This felt good though as I'm feeling very confident right now and it's like the calm before the storm. The only time I got to push really hard this week was with a barbell complex, then I did 45 sec all out Airdyne sprints.  This was a very fun workout as I truly got to go 100% and move as fast as possible. This happens rarely because there is normally some kind of pacing going on. Here was the workout:

Power Snatch 5 touch and go heavy
rest 0 sec
hang power clean same weight 5 touch and go
rest 0 sec
8 burpees AFAP
rest walk 5 min x 5 
these all took less than 40 sec, and felt quick. I worked up to 150lb
+
Airdyne sprint 45 sec max effort
walk rest 5 min x 5
These were a lot more challenging than expected. I guess anything for 45 sec at 100% is tough. My quads were almost cramping and I felt a little "pukie".

Here are some of the workouts I did beforehand this week:

15 KBS - 2pd
15 ring push ups
15 burpees
35 double unders
rest 3 min walking x 5 @ 95%
It was weird doing burpees after pushups, I had no drive off the ground with my chest. My chest was sore for like 3 days.

25th/26th off

27th:
AM
A. Full Depth 1 1/4 Back Squat @ 3011; 6,6,4,4,2,2; rest 4 min - video below
stayed light and tried to feel my hammies touch my calves at full depth- only worked up to 225lb
B. DB Step Ups with 15lb- 10/leg @ 3121; rest 1 min b/t legs x 3
These are feeling better as I'm starting feel my ass activate
C. 20 CTB chin ups; walk rest 2 min x 5
this was tough last week for 4 sets, easier this week and with 5 total sets
D. Lying Hip Extensions - Ass activating better here - actually made it kind of sore

No comments:

Post a Comment