Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Toy!!!

Here is a new piece of equipment I got over the weekend.  Yes, it was only $30, and yes, it is from the 70's.  But it is just a new way to destroy me.  I always say that anything is only as hard as you make it.  Go 100% on this thing and you will be laying on the floor, or even mix in some burpees, it doesn't matter just go hard.  I like it because its not as demanding on your back like rowing and doesnt quite destroy you hammies like hill sprints. 

It is humorous because I can just see old ladies just cruising on it.  And when Im pushing it, I'm over the reading of the speedometer, it max's out pretty easily.  Pretty crummy engineering!  But it does not matter what exercise form you choose, you just need to go hard.  Thats why I find this ironic, everyone laughs at me as I look pretty silly... until they get a go at it. 

People always are looking for the easy way out.  There is no easy way to get fit, you have to put in the hard work.  It reminds me of a quote I read form Mark's Daily Apple, and it applies to fitness when you should stick to the basics and just get work done!  Here is the quote:

Don't dig a ditch, to install a ladder, to wash the basement windows!




New toy - 1970's airdyne from Joseph Warren on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment